On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Association of Polish Inventors and Rationalizers, in consultation with the son of the outstanding Polish inventor Tadeusz Sendzimir, Mr. Michal Sendzimir, the Association instituted Tadeusz Sendzimir Honorary Medal of SPWiR. Every year, at the request of the Chapter, National Council of the SPWiR gives this honorable distinction the most eminent creators of engineering and organizers of innovations movement in Poland, and institutions which are contributed to the development of innovation.
The National Council of the SPWiR approved the statute of the activity of the Chapter of Tadeusz Sendzimir Honorary Medal and Diploma of the Association of Polish Inventors and Rationalizers.
The first Knights of Tadeusz Sendzimir Honorary Medal of SPWiR were 17 members of the Chapter nominated by the National Council of the SPWiR, 43 people deserved to innovation movement and 2 outstanding innovators. They were awarded on the 10th anniversary of the Association, in 1999 in Czestochowa.
The composition of the first chapter was:
- Michal Sendzimir (USA, President of the Chapter)
- Jerzy Knapik (T. Sendzimir Steelworks, I Vice-Chairman)
- Klemens Scierski (Power Station ?Łaziska?, Vice-Chairman)
- Antoni S. Kwiatkowski (SPWiR, Vice-President)
- Jerzy Polaczek (SPWiR, Secretary)
- Marek Amanowicz (Military University of Technology)
- Grzegorz Grynkiewicz (Pharmaceutical Research Institute)
- Zdzislaw Has (Lodz University of Technology)
- Kazimierz Leski (Honorary President of SPWiR)
- 10. Janusz Luksza (AGH)
- 11. Piotr Penczek (Industrial Chemistry Research Institute)
- 12. Tadeusz Rut (Metal Forming Institute)
- 13. Marian Szczerek (Institute for Sustainable Technologies)
- 14. Jan Sztobryn (Industrial Development Agency)
- 15. Andrzej Slusarczyk MD (National Institute of Hygiene)
- 16. Andrzej Wierzbicki (National Institute of Telecommunications)
- 17. Wladyslaw Wlosinski (Warsaw University of Technology)
Awarding of the Medal takes places annually during the meetings ? seminars of Knights of Tadeusz Sendzimir Honorary Medal of SPWiR.
To this day, 245 Tadeusz Sendzimir Honorary Medals of SPWiR were handed. Medals have been received to 217 inventors and people contributed to movement of innovations (11 of them were foreign) and 28 innovative institutions and economic subjects.
This post is also available in: Polish